Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday...we meet again.

Monday. The dreaded Monday. Really, Mondays are not all that bad and I've never had the "Ugh, Mondays!" thing going on. It's just another day of the week. Unfortunately it's also the day of the week where classes start again and I don't have three days to pretend I'm not a college student and that I don't have important academic things to do, but it's just an unavoidable part of the cycle, right?

This Monday, however, marks the start of Midterm week. Ugh, yes, midterm week. So this Monday does happen to feel like "Ugh, Monday." I've got a review tonight, an advising meeting (for my final semester of college, woo!) tomorrow, and 1 midterm each on Wednesday and Thursday. So while I have so much stuff I want to be working on this week for BBP, I need to buckle down and really crush these midterms. I can't let fun things distract me and blow up my pretty little GPA I've been hanging on to for so long.

But, it's okay, there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Thursday night, Mom and I are off to New York until Monday! And next Monday night marks my final midterm. So at least I have something fun to break up the monotony of studying and stressing...I really can't wait for this weekend! We'll be in the city for a day or so, then out to the Hamptons the remainder of the time. I'm definitely looking forward to this! Unfortunately I'll be missing Dustin's best friend's wedding, however I hardly ever get to spend time with my Aunt Mei Mei, and a trip up to see her is long overdue!

And in BBP news, I do need to announce that I am no longer doing anymore free sessions. Unless we have already confirmed a date (or spoken about confirming a date, in 1 or 2 certain situations), my free portfolio building stage is officially over. I am working on determining what my pricing will look like moving forward (and how many sessions I'll be available for each month), but again, that's one of those things I need to put off until after midterms. I'm also working hard on getting my .com launched in the next two weeks, and believe me, I'd much rather be doing that stuff than studying for exams and doing silly projects.

Oh, and I've got to mention...the only non-academic thing and pro-BBP thing I am partaking in this week...The Joy of Marketing's 10-10-10 Salessummit. It was supposed to be broadcast yesterday, for free, however due to technical difficulties (um, their server crashed and the broadcast was completely unavailable), they are re-broadcasting next Sunday and doing 1 speaker (1 hour a day) for ten days (what I'll be doing since we'll be in NY next Sunday). Mad props to The Joy of Marketing for making amends with everyone who was trying to tune in! Anyone who may be interested, register! I think these pros will be giving away a wealth of valuable information and I can't wait to see what they have to share.

Well, since every post is more fun with photos, here are a few of my best friends cat, Trooper. She rescued him off of the side of the road about 2 years ago and he's turned into such a great member of their family. He's one lucky, handsome guy, don't you think?




Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment