Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Perfect weekend, now back to reality...

What a beautiful weekend we had here in Maryland. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Dustin and Landon came up for Gemma's wedding, which was just such an awesome and so well put together event. The wedding and reception were at Running Hare Vineyard right down the road from home, and both the ceremony site and the reception building were breathtaking. It really didn't feel like we were right here in Calvert County...pretty awesome.

Saturday we celebrated Landons 4th birthday which was a blast. He had such a fun weekend riding horses, playing in the yard, riding the jet-ski, running around the house, watching his new movies, and playing with the dogs and I'm so thankful that they were able to spend the weekend with my family and I.

Here are some of the best pictures from this weekend (to see more, find me on Facebook...there's too many fun shots to choose from!):

















Today I also learned about a workshop and is definitely going on my list to attend next year, should they have it again (fingers crossed...and I need to start saving!). Genesis Workshop sounds like the ultimate workshop and features so much useful information from photographers who I really admire, especially Tony Hoffer of Hoffer Photography whose work I've been following for a while now. So Genesis is definitely going on the Workshop Bucket list along with Jamie of Cowbelly who does pets, and Jodie of J.Otte Photography, who does children, families and newborns. Ahh, one day, maybe.

Andddd WPPI is hosting a WPPI-U for emerging photographers next year! In Vegas! I'm so excited...Dustin has already (easily) agreed to go with me and I can't wait for this! :)

In the mean time, I'm looking forward to photographing a high school senior this coming Sunday which should be so much fun, and two cute little kiddies in mid-October when the leaves change...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment