Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NYC & The Hamptons

Well, I survived my midterms and Thursday finally came. AND...I managed to stay away from all of the fun photography stuff and focus on my school work! Success :) So anyways, despite the downpour the entire way and one little confusing pit stop off of the Jersey Turnpike, Mom and I finally made it to NYC and we were surprised at how quickly we did! Without the rain and the mix-up off of the Turnpike I think we could have made it there in an easy 3 hours.

I'm convinced that this is one of the best times of the year to be in New York City...or really New York period. The air was so crisp and fresh and made me feel as energetic as such a crazy busy city. Central Park was beautiful and the city is so fascinating to me. I mean we all know I'm no city girl and have a hard time hanging with the go-go-go mentality but it's the coolest place to visit and I wish we had more time to explore and shop and stuff.

We headed out to the Hamptons on Friday afternoon and the Hamptons are prettttttttttty much to die for. I was crazy about the laid-back, quaint feel to each of the little towns we drove through, and the fact that it's just got such an authentic New England nautical vibe going on is just so cool. Actually I'm not even sure New York qualifies as being New England but that's the easiest way for me to describe it so just bare with me...haha. There's so much character in everything...the buildings, the fields, all of the awesome old antique shops and even the high-end shops situated in the old buildings...it's awesome. Everything I saw would make an awesome backdrop for some beautiful portraits...there was inspiration everywhere and it didn't hurt that the weather was gorgeous.

Anyways, it was so great spending time with my god mother, her husband, and her mother. I really don't get to see them enough and I appreciate the time we do get to spend together so very much. I even got a fun little surprise...my belated birthday gift from this summer. It's a gorgeous Italian (like legit from Italy!) photo album and now I'm faced with the challenge of finding nice enough photos to put in it!

So enough rambling, here's the photos. I'm going to assume the city and Hamptons pictures are easy enough to distinguish lol.
















Keep an eye out this weekend for a fun blog post filled with two adorable toddlers!

PS. Is it just me or does my mom look like a total rock star in that rooftop picture?!

No comments:

Post a Comment